Yes sometimes Greg calls me an amazing fiancé… and this is one of those circumstances.
Okay, okay while he did say that, I can’ t take all the credit, this recipe was so easy that I would hardly put it at me being amazing. More of Greg loves Cheez It’s so much he just couldn’t contain his excitement. And with his weird allergies, this recipe was Greg friendly.
My recipe is an adaption from the one found here.
1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill GF All Purpose Flour
1 cup of Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
4-5 Tablespoons of Butter
Splash of Cayenne Pepper
5 Tablespoon of ice cold water
- In a food processor add all the ingredients but the water. Note: As I only have one of the little black & decker food processors I can only fit 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/2 cup of the flour. So I do mine in batches, and then just mix together.
- Now gradually add 5 tablespoons of cold water. (I use my hands) Until the powder sticks together in a ball for consistency.
- [optional step] if the ball is too warm, put in the fridge or freezer until its at a good roll out temperature
- Then roll out onto parchment or wax paper, thinner the better.
- Roll lines into the dough to make the squares
- [optional] poke holes (i used a chopstick) & dash with salt
- Bake at 350 deg for 15-20+ min depending on thickness.
I had to cut the edges off and bake gradually
- Re-Roll using a pizza cutter to brake apart and ENJOY!
Greg has now been asking me to make these every night, half for an afternoon snack, and half for lunch the next day. They’re easy to make, great tasting and the best part is Gluten-Free.